11:00 AM: “The Dunbar Story: Achieving Success in an Era of Segregation” – A discussion with alumni of Washington, DC’s historic Dunbar High School.
- Dr. James Bowman
- Ms. Laura Cole
- Professor Adelaide Cromwell
- Dr. Howard Nelson
- Mr. John Rector
2:00 PM: “Race, Religion and Reason” – Panelists will consider the intersection of these three dimensions of American life, and address some of the perplexing problems we face nationally and globally in addressing race- and religion-based discrimination.
- Professor J. Kameron Carter, Duke Divinity School
- Professor Stephen L. Carter, Yale Law School
- Professor Eddie Glaude, Jr., Princeton University
- Professor Leslie M. Harris, Emory University
- Professor Melissa Harris-Lacewell, Princeton University
- Professor J. Bryan Hehir, Harvard Kennedy School
- Professor James Jones, Manhattanville College
- Professor Nell Irvin Painter, Princeton University
- Reverend Eugene Rivers, Azusa Christian Community
Also including a special tribute to Brother Blue.
Panels moderated by Professor Charles J. Ogletree, Jr.
Musical Performances by Lawrence Watson
For Your Information:
- There is no formal RSVP process for this event.
- Seating and parking are limited, so please arrive early. Doors will open at 9:30 AM.
- Accommodations: If you are a person with a disability requesting a reasonable accommodation in order to attend this event, please contact us at least two weeks in advance.