Join us as we explore the history of segregation, desegregation, resegregation and structural inequality in our nation’s schools, followed by a panel discussion of experts and community members on the future of school integration policy, locally and nationally. This panel discussion (free and open to the public) will kick off HGSE’s three-day Alumni of Color Conference (registration fees apply).
Opening discussion led by Phil Lee, J.D., Instructor and HGSE Doctoral Candidate
- Donna Bivens, Boston Busing/Desegregation Project/Union of Minority Neighborhoods
- Professor John Brittain, University of the District of Columbia – David A. Clarke School of Law
- Susan Eaton, Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice at Harvard Law School/One Nation Indivisible
- Richard Kahlenberg, The Century Foundation
- Jose Lopez, Suffolk University Law School (2L)
Sponsored by One Nation Indivisible, “Students for Diversity” at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education, the HGSE Alumni of Color Conference, and the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute for Race and Justice at Harvard Law School.