We are highlighting this organization because it engages in a “community justice”-oriented approach to political change.
Mothers for Justice and Equality is an organization committed to ending neighborhood violence by empowering mothers and youth to challenge the normalization of violence and become effective catalysts for change in their homes, schools, and communities.
Example of their community justice framework:
We believe that mothers are powerful change-makers in our communities. If given the right tools, mothers can become catalysts for change at home and advocates for change in their neighborhoods.
Types of programs and projects:
- Youth Peer Leadership
- Gender-Specific Girls Program
- You Matter Leadership Program for women and mothers suffering from trauma
- Workforce Readiness Initiative
- Financial Education Program
- Violence Intervention Program
- Second Chance-Restorative Justice Program