Jill & Phil Dixon began researching preschool options for their two children and were shocked to realize Early Childhood Education is both costly and not an opportunity that is afforded to all children. As they continued their search, it became clear that there were tens of thousands of children in the State of Massachusetts alone who were unable to attend preschool.
Taly Foundation provides access to and improves the quality of early childhood education. To have a meaningful impact on children and improve early childhood education as a whole, Taly is focused on the following activities:
- Providing scholarships to accredited early learning centers for 3 and 4 year old children who otherwise would not be able to attend preschool.
- Working with early learning centers to improve the quality of preschool programs through assessments and recommendations.
- Sponsoring professional development for early learning center teachers and staff.
- Engaging families through workshops and making connections with necessary social services.
- Partnering with community leaders to rally support for quality preschool institutions within their borders.
- Collaborating in local and state based forums focused on early childhood education.